“JOSEPH! DAVID! Prosperous and successful!” I was deeply disturbed within la-la-land. Tossin’ and turning, rolling over sheets, and finally, I decided to get up. IT’S 5 AM!!
￼Slightly upset, I took my makeshift Snuggie given to me as a Secret Santa gift and turned on the lamp. “Why can’t I sleep?!!” and a gentle thought slipped in “What if this was God waking you up to tell you something? “Ok God, I haven’t been able to sleep for the past hour, this must be GOOD.” I picked up my bible and headed to the living room. Genesis 39 was the passage for the morning.
Verses 2&3 captivated me, and I meditated on each word. “2. The Lord was with Joseph, and he became a successful man. 3. Potiphar saw that the Lord was with Joseph and that the Lord made Joseph successful in everything he did.” For the next few minutes I replayed verse 2 “The Lord was with Joseph and he was successful.” Further through the chapter, these words leap out in verse 23.
We all desire success while here on earth before heaven (if you don’t believe in life after death, I hope to make you a convert as you peruse my blog ☺️). We are all striving to see our desires manifest and secure these bags! I know I do! We read self-help books, take developmental courses, and invest in professional conferences, all of which are excellent ways to grow and develop skills that can help us become successful. However, may I submit to you that there is one way to guarantee your success?
Yes, you read that correctly GUARANTEED SUCCESS.
Draw near to God.
I probably just lost 50 percent of readers because “girl bye!” that was not what was expected; for those of you who are still here, stick with me.
Draw near to the Lord. Let God be WITH you. Take God WITH you. Include God in everything you do. No wonder the wisest man who ever lived (King Solomon) advised in Proverbs 3:6 “Commit your ways unto the Lord, and He will tell you which path to take.” I especially love the New Century Version “Remember the Lord in all you do, and he will give you success.”
Don’t believe me? Guess what, the Bible has a plethora of promises and proofs of this simple principle. Here are some of those promises and proofs:
1. Peace– When a man’s ways please the Lord, He makes his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7 Peace is a sure benefit of pleasing the Lord and involving Him in life. When the Lord of Hosts is with you, no one stands a chance against. Romans 8:38 tells us blatantly, “if God is for us, who can be against us?”
2. Possession– When the Israelites surveyed the promised land, they understood the importance of God’s approval in their success to possess it. Numbers 14:8 “If the Lord is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land and give us that fertile land.”
3. Power– When the Israelites were on their way to possess Canaan, Moses told them in Deuteronomy 30:16 “Do what God instructs you, keep His commands, keep His rules, THEN you will live and grow in number, and the Lord will bless you…” I love how the CEV version translates it “If you obey him, you will live and become successful and powerful.”
4. Protection– James, Jesus’ own brother, in James 4:7-8 tells us to give ourselves completely to the Lord, stand against the devil, and the devil is sure to RUN from us. If we draw near to the Lord, He will draw near to you. What better chances do you have at success when your greatest enemy is nowhere around to tamper with the works of your hands.
5. Prosperity– The details in Psalm 1:2-3 create the imagery of one who prospers in every season. Those who love the Lord’s teaching and think about those teachings day and night are strong, like a tree planted by a river. The tree produces fruit in season, and its leaves don’t die. Everything they do will succeed. In other words, meditating on the Lord’s instructions day and night, and keeping Him close results in flourishing endlessly. Can ya say “Prosperity”?
As we start the new decade, some of us full throttle and others easing ourselves into it, I encourage us to take the Lord with us. Let’s seek and invoke His presence in all our goals, dreams, and visions. It is as simple as daily asking Him “Lord guide my steps. Lead me today.” We have nothing to lose but loads to gain! God’s presence is His mark of approval; it is divine support on our journey to success.
Happy 2020 RADsters! I extend my church’s word for the year and pray that you experience the fullness of God’s divine favor and grace.
Catch ya later!
I’d like to provide an opportunity to those who are yet to meet with Jesus. If you have a deep desire to know Jesus and enter into the kingdom of God you are in great company. I did at some point in my life, and it was the greatest desire that God ever met!I invite you to pray the sinner’s prayer: Dear Jesus, I accept that I am a sinner and I confess my sins before you. I believe that you died for my sins and rose again to give me new life. I ask that you forgive me of my sins; cleanse me with your precious blood which you shed on the cross of Calvary. I accept you as my personal Lord and Savior. Fill me up with your Holy Spirit and strengthen me. I profess that I am a new creature; old things have passed away and I have become new in You. Thank You Lord! In Jesus’ name, AMEN! If you prayed the prayer, WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM FAMILY!! You are a new creature, the old has passed and the new is here! Be sure to find a bible believing, Spirit led church in your city and purchase a bible in a version that you understand. I use the New Living Translation, Message, or the New International Version. Enjoy the journey!